Bi-lingual Front Desk Staff- Southwood
- - Southwood
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Front Desk Staff
Reports to: Unit Director/Lead Program Coordinator
Hiring Range: $10.00 - $12.00/hour
Number of Hours: 20-25 hours per week
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Compensation Type: Hourly with Part Time Benefits after 1 year/1000 hours
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Virginia provide after-school and summer programs for kids ages 6-18. Our programs focus on Healthy Lifestyles, Academic Success and Service. We are currently seeking applicants for a front desk staff position at our Southwood Club in Charlottesville, VA.
- Facilitate and manage the entire registration process for all members
- Maintaining the waiting list and waiting list files to be updated weekly.
- Completing all data entry for new members and maintain data for current members. Any updates to the files and data tracking system. All member change forms must be submitted, entered and then filed.
- Communicate to parents any incomplete applications and what information is needed to complete them
- Receive and process payments for membership, fieldtrips, etc.
- Print New Member Report each month and review
- Review all files for accuracy (ongoing-missing data)
- Maintain office area
- File member files and reports and all other information that is pertinent to the data tracking system
- Complete data entry for Program Attendance
- Manage and maintain all data related information, the database, files, records and/or binder
- Communicate data needs during Club meetings. Communicate with Lead Program Coordinator and Teen Director
- Use email as your primary form of communication.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some experience working with kids age 6-18 preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and Access.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of proper filing procedures.
- Ability to relate with children and parents, highly preferred
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
- Ability to deal with the general public in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to motivate youth in a consistent and constructive manner, while maintaining a positive environment
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Licensure and/or Certification:
- Eligible to obtain CPR and First Aid certification
- Valid driver's license preferred
Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, Club member parents, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel
BGCCVA Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens