Director of Club Operations
- - Administrative Office
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
- Full range of full time benefits to include medical, dental, vision, PTO, retirement match, and more
Position: Director of Club Operations
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Located: Administrative Office
Classification: ExemptPosition: Director of Club Operations
The Director of Club Operations is responsible for the management and oversight of all Clubs and Club staff to ensure execution of the mission of the Organization. The DOCO will lead the Organization to meet objectives, improve standards, and enrich the lives of the young people we serve through the leadership and oversight of the Clubs. The DOCO will ensure high level programming that aligns with the three priority outcomes and maintains steady enrollment and member engagement. This position is responsible for overall Club safety, budget management, facilities management, proper program and staff scheduling and staff development.
• Manage the performance of all Unit Directors and provide oversight in the daily operations and execution of the BGCCVA mission, organization goals, program excellence, safety and grant metrics.
• Effectively manage time to be present in Clubs each day during the operating hours to observe Club programming and provide direct feedback to the staff.
• Evaluate the implementation of programming at each Club location to ensure alignment with the three priority outcome areas.
• Ensure staff education and compliance with safety procedures and accident policies.
• Ensure timely submission and accurate completion of requested paperwork for all direct reports.
• Facilitate relationships and the flow of information between the Administrative Offices and the Clubs.
• Conduct weekly meetings with all direct reports to prioritize objectives, set realistic goals, review performance, etc.
• Assist the Chief Operations Officer in monitoring Club expenses and insure they are within the approved budget.
• Develop and maintain relationships with community partners, volunteers, board members, Club members, staff, member families, and more.
• Assess Club leadership and create and implement professional development plans for Club Staff. Work with the Program Specialist to execute required staff training.
• Oversee the maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of buildings, equipment, and vehicles with the Chief Operations Officer.
• Create and monitor the program schedule for the Organization.
• Work with the Director of Grants and Program Outcomes to ensure complete and accurate data is submitted for all grant reporting as well as ensure Club Directors understand the data requirements, adhere to data collection procedures, and reporting processes.
• Facilitate effective meetings with subordinates, board members, committees, community partners, etc.
• Oversees all aspects of employee management to include hiring, scheduling, retaining, coaching, documenting discipline, training, developing, and overseeing and conducting performance evaluations.
• Drive the results of all Clubs to meet BGCCVA and BGCA expectations, standards, initiatives and performance goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• 5 years of management experience leading a diverse staff
• 3 years non-profit experience to include an understanding of grant tracking and reporting
• Experience developing and managing a budget effectively
• Experience working in a youth serving organization and applying youth development methods
• Valid driver's license with good driving record and access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and people to deliver results and meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Strategic thinking to align processes with Organizational strategic plan
• Ability to problem solve and act quickly to resolve issues as they arise
• Ability to provide high level oversight of daily Club operations while understanding how to get directly involved to impact Club performance
BGCCVA provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BGCCVA Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts