Unit Director for the Jack Jouett Club
- - Jack Jouett
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
- Above market Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, PTO, AD&D , Retirement
Position: Unit Director – Jack Jouett/Greer Club
Reports to: Director of Club Operations
Located: Jack Jouett Club of Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Within Jack Jouett Middle School and Greer Elementary School
Compensation Range: $45,000-$55,000, plus benefits to include above market medical benefits
Directs/manages overall daily operations of the Jack Jouett/Greer Club with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations, and membership administration. Develop and maintain outstanding relationship with the school administration and remain inclusive in decision making processes.
• Establish Unit programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success and create a Club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
• Ensure a healthy and safe environment through facilities management and supply maintenance
• Provide leadership and vision to staff and youth members to ensure that the Club meets objectives and effectively executes the organization mission
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate overall Unit programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests; Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance, and participation
• Advance the Organizational mission within the Club in all aspects of operations and management through proper planning and alignment of goals
Program Development and Implementation
• Effectively implement and administer programs, services, and activities for members, drop-in members, and visitors
• Meet priority outcome areas through execution programs that are age-appropriate and developmentally suitable; conduct regular quality assessments to ensure program objectives are met
• Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the Club at all times; Prepare periodic activity reports
• Manage Unit financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets; Control expenditures against budget
• Complete appropriate data tracking and reporting according to organization and grant requirements; ensuring daily requirements are met by program staff, and daily membership tracking is completed. Interface with Grant & Outcomes Coordinator to ensure that grant reports are complete and timely
• Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups
• Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for staff and volunteers; Conduct regular staff meetings
• Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders, and external organizations
• Coordinate building rentals
Marketing and Public Relations
• Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community
• Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment
• Drive and perform maintenance of Club vehicles as needed
• Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan
• Assume other duties as assigned
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel.
External: Develops and maintains strong partnerships with school administration and remains inclusive through all decision making processes. Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' families, and others to assist in resolving problems and to advance the Club's mission.
• 2-3 years of experience managing people and processes, preferably in a youth-serving organization
• Four-year degree from an accredited college or university preferred
• A minimum of two years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or youth-serving organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff
• Ability to deal effectively with youth members, including discipline problems
• Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management
• Skills in fund-raising events.
• Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents, and community leaders
BGCCVA provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BGCCVA Mission: To enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.